ANDROGENETIC ALOPECIA (AGA)
– Loss of hair in male and female in a particular pattern because of male hormone leading to baldness is known as AndroGenetic alopecia.
– Semi – permanent type of hair loss
- Confined to particular area or pattern
- Forms different patterns in male and female
ANDRO – MALE ; GENETIC – GENE
ANDROGEN – MALE HORMONE; ETIC – BECAUSE OF
CAUSES OF ANDROGENETIC ALOPECIA
- Genetic predisposition
- Male Sex hormone Testosterone
AGA – CAUSES
- Genetic predisposition – Because of a genetic marker in chromosome 20 P11.
- Male Sex Hormone – 2 molecules of free testosterone react to form Dihydro testosterone in the presence of 5 alpha reductase. DHT shrinks the follicles, making them inactive. This process is called miniaturization of follicles.
- Oxidative stress
- Excess carbohydrate consumption
- Estrogen insufficiency in female
- Hypothyroid in female
- Steroidal injections
Male Pattern Baldness:
Female Patter Baldness:
- Adequate consumption of fruits and vegetables.
- Limited consumption of processed foods.
- Limited consumption of high calorie foods
- Adequate consumption of protein rich foods
- Adequate consumption of water
- Avoid smoking, drinks, tobacco and drugs.
- Limit the consumption of coffee, tea and aerated drinks.
- Consumption of food at proper time intervals.
- Going to bed by 10 PM.
- Adequate sleep to an average extent of 8 hours a day.
- Aerobic exercise for at least 30 minutes in a day
For further remedies – e – mail @ firstname.lastname@example.org